Cockfield lies 7 miles from the market town of Bury St.Edmunds, famous for the Abbey Ruins and gardens. Tour the Greene King Brewery or take in a performance at the Theatre Royal. Both well worth a visit.
The town centre hosts a traditional market every Wednesday and Saturday. Lavenham, just 4 miles away, has been described as ‘One of the finest medieval villages in England’ with its historic buildings and street. Tudor townhouses mingle with small crooked cottages. The splendid 16th century Guildhall of Corpus Christi (National Trust) dominates the Market Place.
Visit Southwold, Aldeburgh, Snape Maltings or Newmarket, home of Horse Racing. Cambridge with its fine universities, shopping, punting on the River Cam and Constable country, East Bergholt are all within reach.
Places to Visit Within Easy Reach:
- All about Cockfield
- Bury St Edmunds, Sudbury
- Lavenham: Discover Lavenham, Visit Lavenham
- Constable country of Dedham, East Bergholt and Flatford for art lovers.
- Ipswich for shopping and football fans
- Newmarket for horse racing
- Cambridge – visit the University and punt on the Cam
- Norwich and nearby Snetterton motor racing circuit
- Colchester, the East Coast with Aldeburgh and Snape Maltings for music lovers
- Felixstowe and Harwich for coastal walks
What’s On Suffolk in Bury St Edmunds – Suffolk Tourist Guide is a comprehensive, month-by-month guide to events, festivals and days out in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk – something for everyone!